You work hard all week and look forward to partying on the weekend. Maybe your idea of partying is getting intoxicated until you can’t take anymore. You take clients out for lunch and you feel a little weed or powder is a part of keeping them happy. When it comes to the disease of addiction, you will hear time and time again that it is cunning.
Many people spend their whole life in denial, refusing to admit to having an addiction. There are millions of deaths each year from drugs and alcohol from everyday people that end in tragedy. We never get the chance to know or understand their stories, until It stares you straight in the eye, ending the life of a public figure. These are five tragic endings to stardom.
- Anna Nicole Smith, model, actress and Playboy playmate died at 40 years old from a combination of chloral hydrate and benzodiazepines in 2007.
- Brittany Murphy starred in films like Clueless and 8 Mile. The primary cause of her death was pneumonia, with secondary factors of iron-deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication.
- Heath Ledger died from a combined drug toxicity due to oxycodone, hydrocodone, alprazolam, diazepam, temazepam, doxylamine at the age of 28.
- Judy Garland was best known as Dorothy in “The Wizard of Oz.” Judy struggled with weight gain and drug addiction for much of her life. She was married 5 times and attempted suicide several times. Judy eventually died of an overdose of barbiturates at the age of 47.
- Singer Amy Winehouse died at the age of 27 from fatal alcohol poisoning.
If you are into excessive partying, its not too late to get help with your addiction. Don’t be ashamed to ask for help. As long as you have life today, be grateful and choose life.